7.29.2009

K. FOXX TO LEAVE 99 JAMZ



K. Foxx headed to Hot 97 in New York
Seriously, as soon as I found out K. Foxx was leaving 99 Jamz to go to NYC’s Hot 97, I was a bit heartbroken. But at the same time, I was extremely happy for her. I know she’s a native to New York City and her family is up there. So to be able to take a job in your hometown [and] hosting the morning show on pretty much the biggest hip-hop radio station in the world - this has gotta be a dream for her. I really wish her the best. And just so you can see the history we got with K. Foxx, go to Google.Com and google “k. foxx 99 jamz”. You’re gonna see an old interview she and DJ Khaled did with The305.com back in 2004 when the TakeOver show was just born. And I remember her putting out her “I Am Every Woman” calendar. I remember the photoshoot I did with her for 305 Magazine. All good times.

Either way, here’s what she told Abebe Lewis via the MiamiLive newsletter…

“Life is amazing. I’ve been working at 99Jamz for 7 years and they have been the backbone for my advancement. Mr Rushin, Derrick Baker and Ced Hollywood all believed that I could achieve greatness, and I’d like to thank them for giving me the platform to shine.

This is why I have accepted a position in New York City on HOT 97, to co-host the new morning show with Cipha sounds and Rosenburg. I believe that success is when timing meets opportunity. I’ve stayed patient, humble, and I always worked hard, and will continue to work hard. I feel blessed to have been offered this position, and I will never forget my roots.

I will miss my 99 JAMZ family, but I am excited about new opportunities as well.

This is not the end of my reign in Miami, its just the beginning.”

DANG...IT WONT BE THE SAME..I WONDER IF THEY GON' LOOK FOR A NEW CO-HOST FOR KHALED?
SOURCE:THE305.COM

No comments: