K. Foxx headed to Hot 97 in New York
Seriously, as soon as I found out K. Foxx was leaving 99 Jamz to go to NYC’s Hot 97, I was a bit heartbroken. But at the same time, I was extremely happy for her. I know she’s a native to New York City and her family is up there. So to be able to take a job in your hometown [and] hosting the morning show on pretty much the biggest hip-hop radio station in the world - this has gotta be a dream for her. I really wish her the best. And just so you can see the history we got with K. Foxx, go to Google.Com and google “k. foxx 99 jamz”. You’re gonna see an old interview she and DJ Khaled did with The305.com back in 2004 when the TakeOver show was just born. And I remember her putting out her “I Am Every Woman” calendar. I remember the photoshoot I did with her for 305 Magazine. All good times.
Either way, here’s what she told Abebe Lewis via the MiamiLive newsletter…
“Life is amazing. I’ve been working at 99Jamz for 7 years and they have been the backbone for my advancement. Mr Rushin, Derrick Baker and Ced Hollywood all believed that I could achieve greatness, and I’d like to thank them for giving me the platform to shine.
This is why I have accepted a position in New York City on HOT 97, to co-host the new morning show with Cipha sounds and Rosenburg. I believe that success is when timing meets opportunity. I’ve stayed patient, humble, and I always worked hard, and will continue to work hard. I feel blessed to have been offered this position, and I will never forget my roots.
I will miss my 99 JAMZ family, but I am excited about new opportunities as well.
This is not the end of my reign in Miami, its just the beginning.”
DANG...IT WONT BE THE SAME..I WONDER IF THEY GON' LOOK FOR A NEW CO-HOST FOR KHALED?
Posted by blackastronaut at 3:50 PM
KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera brings sleek style and high-performance to pocket video
Easily shoot and share high-quality 1080p HD video
Rochester, NY, July 29, 2009 – Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK) today announced an exciting new addition to its popular line of Digital Video Cameras – the KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera, featuring a sleek design, high-quality full 1080p High Definition video capture, and built-in electronic image stabilization.
“Images and video have tremendous power to help us stay connected to family and friends,” says Phil Scott, Worldwide Director of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices and Vice President, Consumer Digital Group. “The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera makes it easy to spontaneously capture HD video – of heartwarming moments, of ‘can you believe that?’ moments, and of just plain laugh-out-loud moments – and then quickly and easily share them.”
The slim and stylish KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera is designed to meet these needs at the touch of a button — no lens cap, dials to turn or settings to adjust. The new camera’s range of advanced features includes:
• Full HD 1080p video capture wherever you go;
• Built-in electronic image stabilization for sharper videos and reduced blurring;
• Vivid 2.5″ color LCD;
• Flexible swing-out USB arm for fast uploading, sharing, and charging;
• 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures;
• Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube;
• Compatible with PC and Mac operating systems;
• Record up to 10 hours of HD video* with the expandable SD/SDHC card slot that can hold up to 32 GB;
• Capture family and friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology;
• See more details and accurate colors in low light;
• External microphone jack;
• In-box HDMI cable;
• Record from a distance or playback on your TV conveniently with optional KODAK Pocket Video remote control;
• Grab attention and define your style with the ultra compact design, stunning looks, and a range of colors.
Posted by blackastronaut at 3:48 PM